Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Use Objects That Mean Something To You



I try to use things throughout my house that has sentimental value and that rings true for what is on my coffee table. I love using books in my design and I have alot of my design books all through my house. It seems like whenever we have company someone always ends up picking up one of the books and looking at the cool photos. The other things on my coffee table is a container of marbles that Sloan was obsessed with when she was three years old, a container of dice that I played with at my grandma's house when I was little, a tin that my grandma used to store her buttons in and the candle holder and stones in the holder was probably one of the first purchases I ever made for my apartment back in the day.

I think when you use pieces you love that have meaning behind them, it makes your house a home and whether it matches your decor or not it just always seems to fit!

No comments: