Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Look Back on the Kitchen


I've been organizing my house photos and came across my kitchen remodel from a few years ago and thought I'd post them. This was my first time I ever did a complete gut of a room and am really proud of how it turned out. It's a small space but it is quite efficient, the perfect work triangle and even though its small its easy for Drew and I to work in there at the same time.

I saved money by using stock cabinets and using simple subway tile as the backsplash. My middle range picks were the LG hi-mac countertops, School House Electric Lighting and the cork flooring on the floor. I splurged on my window treatments and my appliances especially my stove.

I think its important when doing a remodel to stay true to your house and the best compliment I have received is that the kitchen looks like its always been there.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Your kitchen looks great. I want to see pictures before the destruction took place.

LIZ said...

that stove is the bling for sure!!! Love the whole renovation, but you are right.. it doesn't look like a renovation/modernization at all!